Join us in this new adventure to #MakeCryptoUseful!
We want to offer you a better experience when it comes to creating, editing or deleting your API keys. That's why we improved our API tool, so you can manage all your keys in the safest possible way!
We wanted to keep it simple for you, so here's what you need to set up your API keys:
1. You can find your "API setup" in your "Profile" section. On the left side you'll see a bar where it says "API". Click on it.
2. First of all, it's important that you enable your 2FA token to manage both your old & new API keys. In order to improve the security of your keys, your transaction PIN won't be needed anymore. Enabling your 2FA token is quite easy, but if you're not sure of how to do it, here you'll find the answers.
3. Once you've enabled your 2FA token, in the main screen of "API setup" you’ll find your active keys. If you haven't created any or this is the first time you're using the platform, the box will be empty. Click on the "Add new API key" green button.
4. Before creating your API key, you'll see a message regarding the importance of your information's security. Once you’ve read it, click on the box & the green button to continue.
5. You'll then see the screen where you can create your API. You'll be asked to give a name to your key. Choose one that will help you identify it faster.
6. Up next, on the same page, you'll find a button to restrict your IP addresses and also enable the permissions you want your key to have. You can enable the “Restrict use of IP addresses” button if you wish to. You have the option of adding up to 5 IP's. You can add either 1, 5 or none.
7. On the next screen, you'll be asked to enter your 2FA token to continue. Once you've entered it correctly, you'll find your API key & secret. Make sure to store them safely because. Check on the box and then click on the "Go back to API setup" green button.
8. Congratulations! You've just added your key successfully and it's ready for you to use it. You just need to enter the “API Key” and “API Secret” data in your third party application in order to give them access to your account on our platform. It is important that you know that you can create up to 6 keys.
While you're here, you may want to know that once you're adding or editing a key, you’ll be able to restrict:
- the withdrawal addresses for that key in all the currencies except for XRP,
- the IP address from which you can create requests for that key.